TAFE Western VTEC
TAFE Western has been contracted to train 230 Indigenous Australians for a guaranteed job before December 2015. The VTEC model has a strong focus on retention rates and trains job seekers for long term employment opportunities.
TAFE Western is providing innovative VTEC services across the Riverina and New England regions, our VTEC service works in partnership with many key stakeholders such as JSA’s, NCAP, Aboriginal organisations, State Training Services, Generation One, Dept. of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Apprenticeship Centres, NSW Business Chambers, local government, RTO’s and support agencies to offer an integrated service for VTEC participants and employers.
Our collaborative approach and partnership model ensures that ‘wrap around‘ solution focused services are provided for employers and participants which will maximise sustainable job opportunities for Aboriginal people.
TAFE Western is committed to maximising employment and training opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and currently provides vocational training services to over 7000 Aboriginal people each year.
Training programs include:
- Work readiness training to prepare participants for interviews and job commencement
- Industry specific training across a range of industry areas that is designed to match the job requirements
- Compliance training including Workcover tickets
- Cultural Competence training to assist employers to increase their knowledge of Aboriginal culture and to better support their Aboriginal employees
- Proactive personal support including personal equipment needed for each job, travel assistance
Program Start DatesNew Program Start Dates will be available soon
Please send enquiries to email@example.com
TAFE Western VTEC
New England and Riverina regions
1587 Forest Road
BLOOMFIELD NSW 2800
PO Box 2161
ORANGE NSW 2800
Local offices currently being established in the
Riverina and New England region
Tel: 0447 326 611
Fax: 02 6393 5997