AFL SportsReady - Tasmania
AFL SportsReady has been contracted to train 150 Indigenous Australians for a guaranteed job across a range of industries throughout Victoria and Tasmania by December 2015. The VTEC model has a strong focus on retention rates and trains job seekers for long term employment opportunities.
We are a national company that has been helping people find employment for more than 20 years. Over that time AFL SportsReady have helped start the careers of over 12,000 young people of whom over 1,300 have been Indigenous.
With over 20% of our staff identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and represented across all levels of seniority in our business, AFL SportsReady is committed to improving employment outcomes for Indigenous people across Australia.
AFL SportsReady work with a range of employment partners across a range of industries including;
- Banking and Finance
- Sport and Recreation
- State and Local Government
- Business and Administration
- Information Technology
- Arts and the Creative Industries
AFL SportsReady VTEC participants will have access to;
- Support to find a job
- Assisting with preparing applications for roles and preparing for interviews
- Pre-employment training
- Workplace support and Indigenous mentoring for up to 6 months
Access to networking activities with other AFL SportsReady Indigenous participants, including annual Indigenous Gatherings.
AFL SportsReady has an established Registered Training Organisation and can offer a range of qualifications, education programs and pre-employment modules to VTEC participants.
Training programs include:
- Pre-employment modules
- Certificate II – IV in Business
- Diploma of Management
- Certificate III in Financial Services
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- Certificate IV in Sport Development
- Diploma in Sport Development
- Certificate III- IV in Fitness
AFL SportsReady engages with other RTO’s to deliver broader qualifications not in our scope.
Program Start DatesNew Program Start Dates will be available soon
Please send enquiries to Tracey Parry
Tel: (03) 6230 1860
North Hobart Oval
Tel: (03) 6230 1860