Over the past five years the Australian Employment Covenant has united hundreds of Australian companies in the biggest employer collaboration in our nation's history. The ambitious goal to create 50,000 job commitments resulted in over 62,000 job commitments being made so far.
The Covenant is now turning its attention to ensuring that these job opportunities become a successful reality for employers and Indigenous job seekers, by combining forces with GenerationOne.
GenerationOne has advocated strongly for Government policies that will enable demand-driven training models to become the rule and not the exception.
In 2014, the Australian Government committed up to $45 million to deliver Vocational, Training & Employment Centres (VTECs) for up to 5000 jobs, based on the GenerationOne employment model.
Signing a Covenant
Signing a covenant means you are joining your corporate and business peers in a powerful movement for change.
The most successful employers create a workplace culture that supports and values Indigenous diversity.
GenerationOne will continue to support you. We will share our knowledge and partnerships to help you develop productive and skilled employees. The Covenant Action Plan will assist you to engage Indigenous staff, and GenerationOne's resources will give you some of the tools for the journey.
To ensure success the Covenant will:
- Hold the Federal Government accountable to deliver job specific employer directed training.
- Continue to assist employers to develop and implement their Covenants.
- Share corporate knowledge about best practice and host networking forums
- Provide resources and tools to assist you to introduce these practices into the workplace.
- Shares good news stories about your journey.
- Provide a connection point between Indigenous job seekers and employers through the online Jobs Board and networks with employment service providers.
- In some cases, advise your company about exploring government funding to assist best practice.